GCT’s Advisory Board is initially appointed on provisional basis by GCT Program Secretariat with a primary objective that it provides strategic direction for GCT Program The Advisory Board is responsible for the following.
- Provide strategic direction to vision, work program and ambition of GCT, as well as its governance structure, modalities and procedures.
- Support strategic decisions such as expansion of GCT to various sectors and geographic areas; and, strategic outreach activities.
- Get update from GCT on new baseline and monitoring methodologies of GCT for calculation of emission reductions, and provide strategic advice where required;
- Overview the functions and outcome of steering committee, who shall be responsible for review and approval of baseline and monitoring methodologies, projects and other technical documents.
- Overview the GCT accreditation of verifiers and functions of independent GCT-approved verifiers who shall conduct:
- on-site review of GHG reduction projects;
- off-site review of its project submission document to GCT;
- review of monitoring reports claiming emission reductions;
- review of emission reduction evidences, instrumentation and monitoring systems on ground;
- develop and submit project and emission reduction verification report to GCT.
- Oversee the appropriateness of processes implemented by GCT in approval of methodologies and projects as well as in issuance of carbon credits.
- Oversee the public availability of relevant GCT documents including repository of approved rules, procedures, methodologies and standards.
View Advisory Board Members